National League of Nursing - Top Schools
What RNs Should Know About These Picks
For faculty nurses and leaders in education, the NLN (National League for Nursing) is a preferred membership organization. Each year, their announcement of their picks for top nursing schools, known also as Centers of Excellence, is eagerly awaited.
The list is exciting, not just to the new graduates who finished nursing programs there, but for the RNs who work in teaching hospitals affiliated with these campuses. Travel nurses who have the opportunity to live and work in cities like Boston and Washington DC will cross paths with teachers and future mentors who are products of Centers of Excellence (COE). These institutions have earned the COE designation by outstanding achievement in one or more of the following areas: (1) Creating Environments that Enhance Student Learning and Professional Development (2) Creating Environments that Promote the Pedagogical Expertise of Faculty and (3) Creating Environments that Advance the Science of Nursing Education.
6 Top Nursing Schools Named by the NLN
These universities turn out rock stars in the nursing field, here’s a little bit of inspiring information about the great travel nursing cities they are a part of.
- Clemson University in South Carolina is future-focused, devoted to teaching future nurses the latest technology in tandem with timeless patient care. Clinical Education / Affiliated with: Greenville Health System
- Boston College is one of the shining gems of Bean Town, where RNs will find dozens of hot jobs in healthcare. Be sure to browse these travel nurse jobs in Boston, high-paying opportunities in this great American city. Affiliated with: multiple medical organizations and hospitals, including Brigham and Women's Hospital and Boston Children's Hospital
- The University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, North Carolina offers a full range of top-ranked programs for students at every stage of their nursing career. Affiliated with: UNC Healthcare
- The Ohio State University in Columbus Ohio imparts its values to students through health and wellness-centered leadership, and world-class educational programs. Affiliated with: OSHN, Wexner Medical Center
- Phillips School of Nursing at Mount Sinai Beth Israel part of the Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS), one of the leading healthcare providers in NYC. Affiliated with: Mt. Sinai in New York
- The George Washington University School of Nursing located in the heart of the nation's capital Washington,DC —an amazing town for healthcare professionals looking to work in award winning hospitals, known as the best in dozens of specialties. Affiliated with: GW University Hospital
What Will Your Next Nursing Accolade Be?
If you’re a successful RN, you already know how competitive the nursing field is, from selection processes by the NLN to other accolades worth competing for along the nursing career path. Align your talents today with a healthcare staffing agency that places value in keeping up with trends in the industry. It’ll help you achieve your personal best! Call 1-800-996-2206 or apply online today for nursing jobs in all 50 U.S. states!
Footnote: Information for this blog was taken from the NLN “Centers of Excellence in Nursing”