See If Your Healthcare Employer Made the Grade
With thousands seeking healthcare services and surgical procedures every day, the decision of which medical center to use is not taken lightly; this makes the U.S. News and World Report annual rankings of best hospitals in America an important tool for consumers and healthcare professionals alike.
Now in its 23rd year, the USA Best Hospitals List has released its Honor Roll for 2012 – 2013 with a big surprise for R.N.s in Massachusetts nursing jobs. The number 1 hospital in the nation has always been Johns Hopkins; this year, the spot belongs to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
U.S. News identifies the top hospitals in hundreds of regions, including all the major metropolitan areas by sifting through 5,000 hospitals nationwide. Once healthcare professionals get a look at the list of best hospitals, they will no doubt notice that the New York metro area is home to quite a few of the top 20 facilities to make the grade. To view which specialties these top hospitals are being recognized for, be sure to click on U.S. News Hospital Rankings.
Registered Nurses and Therapists Working in These Cities Get an “A+”
Peruse this list of exciting cities—all of which feature hospitals that made this year’s honor roll, and see what allied health and travel nurse jobs they have to offer.
- Boston, Massachusetts: Ear Nose and Throat, Diabetes & Endocrinology earn top ranking at Massachusetts General.
- Baltimore, Maryland: Johns Hopkins still ranks at the tippy top of the Honor Roll, with a distinction for cancer treatment, gastroentology and Urology, to name a few.
- Rochester, Minnesota: Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as Orthopedics, Urology and Gynecology are the top ranked in the nation at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester.
- Los Angeles, California: Geriatrics get top billing at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.
- St. Louis, Missouri: Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University is ranked nationally in 15 adult specialties.
- Cornell, New York: New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell in New York, NY is ranked nationally in 14 adult and 9 pediatric specialties
- Durham, North Carolina: Duke University Medical Center in Durham, NC is ranked nationally in 13 adult and 10 pediatric specialties
- Ann Arbor, Michigan: University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers in Ann Arbor, MI is ranked nationally in 14 adult and 10 pediatric specialties.
- Indianapolis, Indiana: Indiana University Health in Indianapolis, IN is ranked nationally in 11 adult and 10 pediatric specialties.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA is ranked nationally in 13 adult specialties
50 States Staffing is proud to work with Those Who Consistently Make the Honor Roll
Registered nurses and therapists know their patients choose hospitals based on two things: location and their specific needs. Patients want to be treated in the best medical facilities in the USA and healthcare professionals want to work there—if not for the prestige and edge it gives their resumes, then for the peace of mind in knowing their patients are receiving the highest quality of care. We offer high paying and rewarding therapy and nursing careers in all 50 states, in cities on that have seen a high concentration of award winning hospitals this year. Start your exciting travel nurse or therapist career when you call 1-800-996-2206 or apply online.