The last Monday of the month is fast approaching, as healthcare professionals across the USA prepare to take part in Memorial Day events happening Friday through Monday, May 24 – 27, 2013. The following are just a few travel nursing states out of 50, with a lot going on. See if any of these events are near you!
- Arizona travel nurses can find a wide range of fun Memorial Day activities. There’s a Salute to Service Barbecue in Glendale, and symphonies all over greater Phoenix, one of the most noted being the Memorial Day Concert at Arizona State University. If you’re closer to Tucson and a fan of the Old West, look for Wyatt Earp Days held in Tombstone every Memorial Day weekend.
- California travel nurses can work on their tans and music appreciation during this packed weekend. There’s the traditional Memorial Day ceremony at the new Redondo Beach Veterans Memorial, and in Southern California, the 10th Annual Memorial Day Yacht Party in Marina Del Rey, close to Los Angeles nursing jobs.
- Florida travel nurses can travel the coastline in search of fun Memorial Day events. Start in the south near Miami nursing jobs, and see if you can’t make the “Best of the best” concert in Bayfront Park. Travel further north in the Sunshine State for the Margarita Ball at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park in downtown Tampa; there’s also the annual sunset music festival at the Raymond James Stadium—home of the Tampa Bay Bucs!
- Texas travel nurses will love the Fredericksburg Crawfish Festival, held every Memorial Day weekend. There’s all the Louisiana-styled music and food you can eat, with some Texas favorites, too. If you’re too far from Fredericksburg to make it, try the Kerrville Folk Festival instead. It’s the longest running event of its kind in North America, featuring more than 100 artists. You can even camp onsite!
- Washington travel nurses can see and do a lot in the Evergreen State, especially over Memorial Day weekend. Seattle is still offering its international film festival through June. There’s a yacht party at the Islander Yacht Club (also in Seattle) and outdoor presentation of Narnia at the Kitsap Forest Theater in Bremerton.
50 States Staffing Wishes All Our Health Professionals a Happy and Safe Memorial Day!
Though there was only time to touch on a handful of events, our staffing agency wishes all our R.N.s and therapists a wonderful long weekend. There are not only great travel nurse and therapy jobs in all 50 U.S. states, but fun to be had in all its cities from coast to coast. We hope you get a chance to show your patriotism, put your hand to your heart, and join the nation in wishing everyone a great kickoff to summer!
Footnote: Vetfriends.com is a great place to find a patriotic event near you, and was used to cite events in California and Florida. For a complete look at other sources used in this article, check out event links for New York, Phoenix and Texas. And don’t forget Memorial Day fun for Washington travel nurses in Seattle.